National Salute to Veteran Patients Week at Richmond VA Medical Center
Heart shaped balloons were visible all around the medical center today for the kick off of National Salute to Veteran Patients Week. Staff members and volunteers from the American Red Cross delivered over 250 balloons to the patients. The visits and balloons were appreciated by the patients and their families. More activities are planned throughout the week, including special visitors, activities, surprises and even a juggler.
Events for the Week
• Monday,2/14 10am Disabled American Veterans and VAVS Executive Committee will deliver cupcakes at bedside throughout the house
• Tuesday,2/15 10am Air Force General visits at bedside on some units
• Wednesday,2/16 11am Sussex H. S. JROTC Cadets will visit/lunch with/play bingo with CLC Veterans
• Thursday, 2/17 9am Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary will deliver lap robes and socks at bedside on many units
• Friday, 2/18 11am Performer/juggler Jonathan Austin will perform at bedside on some units