VA » Health Care » Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center - Richmond, VA » Features
Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center - Richmond, VA
- VA nurse’s journey to deliver ‘best care possible’
- “She made a deal with me,” said Mercer. “Ms. Wood told me if I took the entrance test to the LPN school and failed, she would stop trying to convince me to be a nurse. But if I passed, I had to go to nursing school.”
- COVID-19 vaccine effort continues
- Operating vaccine clinics in Fredericksburg, Richmond, Charlottesville and Emporia, CVHCS providers have ramped up efforts to vaccinate Veterans, volunteers and staff since administering the first dose in December...
- Update on SAVE LIVES Act
- Currently, Veterans of all ages can schedule vaccination appointments at the Richmond and Emporia clinics. The clinics in Fredericksburg are age 50 and up, while the Charlottesville clinic is age 40 and up.
- Charlottesville VA clinic
- The vaccination appointment call could not have come soon enough, especially having already faced and survived one bout of COVID-19. James May Jr., the oldest WWII Veteran in the entirety of Orange County, Virginia...
- Unsung heroes of CVHCS health care
- Working alongside clinical staff, Felder and Warren ensure Veterans who are scheduled for the COVID-19 vaccine are accounted for, checked-in on arrival, and in the correct place to receive the lifesaving vaccine.
- MyHealtheVet is improving Veteran access
- MHV became a useful means of communication during the Coronavirus pandemic. Veterans and health care teams increased their use of MHV to send written messages to each other.
- Veterans Day tribute from a VA nurse
- After years of singing and performing for audiences across the globe, Tracey Welborn decided it was time to become a registered nurse. Luckily for CVHCS, Welborn landed in the education department ...
- New VA invention prioritizes communication
- The Clear Talker mask is the latest invention from the Richmond VA which aids in communication between patients and staff. The device could revolutionize this key piece of peoples’ everyday lives.
- Richmond VA now Center of Excellence
- Central Virginia VA Health Care System (CVHCS) is currently the only VA in the country to be designated as a Screening Center of Excellence. “The population of Veterans in which we serve are at a very high-risk...
- VA serves fastest-growing Veteran population
- Women Veterans may be interested to know just how extensively women’s gynecological care has developed over the last few years. Dawn Bates, a 38-year-old Navy Veteran, recently sought gynecological care at CVHCS.