VA » Health Care » Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center - Richmond, VA » Features
Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center - Richmond, VA
- Richmond’s VIP Center improves quality of life
- “I lost at least 20 pounds from changing my diet and learning how to read food labels,” Miller said. She graduated from the program in November 2018 and went from a size 18 in clothing to a size 10.
- PADRECC relieves Veteran's PD symptoms
- An Army Veteran diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, is now thriving thanks to care received at Central Virginia VA Health Care System. “I haven’t had one head shake since the surgery,” Howe said.
- VA Leverages Health Care Innovation
- VA is expanding its use of a new proven medical device that advances the early detection of diabetic foot ulcers in the Veteran population. Studies show that one in four Veterans have Diabetes...
- Richmond pilot study for substance abuse treatment
- A national Dept. of Veterans Affairs program is helping to fulfill one doctor’s purpose of delivering compassionate and effective care to Veterans at Central Virginia VA Health Care System.
- Just Start Talking
- Peterson says participating in Operation Song through songwriting has helped him tremendously in the ability to express his daily struggles with post-traumatic stress disorder, chronic pain, anxiety and depression.
- Richmond VAMC Honors NDD
- Today is National Dog Day, and we want to highlight one of the many therapy dogs who visit throughout the year. Molly, a nine-year-old Golden Retriever, stopped by to visit active duty military and Veterans...
- Rep. Spanberger makes inaugural visit to Richmond
- On Aug. 16, U.S. Rep. Abigail Spanberger visited the Richmond VA Medical Center to learn about VA innovation and hospital programs. During her first official visit to the VA medical center, she met with facility leaders.
- “Game On”
- A common misconception about paralysis is it often is equated to limitation in people’s life. Well, if you ask the assistive technology (AT) team at the Richmond VA Medical Center, they would disagree.
- Finding a Voice For Your Calling
- Kelley came into this program hoping to learn more about pastoral care and strengthen her skills as a passionate pastor. What she didn’t expect, was the opportunity to visit herself.
- New PACU / OR Suite
- The Central Virginia VA Health Care System (VAHCS) officially opened its latest clinical addition to give the surgery department a significant boost in space and the ability to offer more complex surgeries to Veterans.