VA » Health Care » Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center - Richmond, VA » Features
Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center - Richmond, VA
- VA uses AI to fight against cancer
- Doctors at Central Virginia VA Health Care System (CVHCS) recently implemented a new medical device that uses artificial intelligence (AI) during colonoscopies to assist in recognizing and diagnosing cancerous growth.
- VA doctor awarded 1.7M to continue research
- A researcher at the Central Virginia VA Health Care System (CVHCS) recently earned an award for his efforts to stop cancerous stem cells from growing using only the most common drug found in America.
- VA has got your back
- One of the core characteristics that make us human is our need to feel included in an environment where we belong. Servicemembers serve alongside each other in battle or prepare for such a battle side-by-side.
- Biomed Engineers vital to Veteran health care
- In health care, behind the scenes work is often as important as what goes on behind a medical curtain. Health care is complex, technology constantly evolving to better treat the Veterans who seek care through CVHCS.
- The future of medicine is in your genes.
- The future of medicine is in your genes. We need your help. Fifteen minutes and a blood draw are all it takes to make a lasting difference. What is the Million Veteran Program (MVP)?
- Let your voice be heard
- The Central Virginia VA Health Care System (CVHCS) is participating in the VA-wide All Employee Survey (AES), which is open for respondents through June 28. The survey is voluntary...
- CVHCS Serves All Veterans
- Central Virginia VA Health Care System serves all Veterans. We take pride in the care we deliver and find ways to improve when gaps are identified. The Minority Veterans Program seeks to increase awareness...
- Making great strides in ending homelessness
- Homeless Veteran coordinators with the CVHCS Homeless Veterans Program, in partnership with community organizations dedicated to ending homelessness, have made great strides during the past several years.
- VA nurse’s journey to deliver ‘best care possible’
- “She made a deal with me,” said Mercer. “Ms. Wood told me if I took the entrance test to the LPN school and failed, she would stop trying to convince me to be a nurse. But if I passed, I had to go to nursing school.”
- COVID-19 vaccine effort continues
- Operating vaccine clinics in Fredericksburg, Richmond, Charlottesville and Emporia, CVHCS providers have ramped up efforts to vaccinate Veterans, volunteers and staff since administering the first dose in December...