VA » Health Care » Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center - Richmond, VA » Features
Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center - Richmond, VA
- VA, VCU collaborate to help Veterans
- For McGuire VA Medical Center, collaborating with community partners like VCU's School of Engineering is a way to improve healthcare opportunities and quality of life for the Veterans they serve.
- New food service improves inpatient experience
- In October, Nutrition and Food Service at McGuire VA Medical Center began a new approach to feeding hundreds of inpatients breakfast, lunch and dinner. Staff and patients welcome the change.
- CLC Makes Veterans Feel at Home
- The CLC is a critical part of the McGuire VA Medical Center. Made up of three distinct living areas, or neighborhoods, the CLC fosters an enjoyable and caring environment for both short- and long-term residents.
- McGuire Hosts Legal Clinic for Veterans
- On Thursday, Oct. 4, McGuire VA Medical Center collaborated with the 80th Training Command of the Army Reserve and the Greater Richmond Bar Foundation to host its quarterly free legal clinic.
- Second Fisher House breaks ground
- Demand for lodging at Richmond Fisher House has increased so much that groundbreaking for a second facility occurred Sept. 26, the 108th birthday of the late Zachary Fisher.
- Barbershop relocates to new space
- The barbershop at the McGuire VA Medical Center serves as a place where Veterans can get a quality haircut without leaving hospital grounds. Recently, the barbershop moved to a new location near the CLC entrance.
- Emergency Nurses Week
- The week of Oct. 7-13 is Emergency Nurses Week, which honors the men and women who assist patients requiring immediate, precise medical care. McGuire aims to use that week to show gratitude for ED nurses.
- Parking Garage Now Open
- After more than a year of hard work, the parking garage officially opened Sept. 12 and is available for use. The garage and surrounding parking areas create 647 new parking spaces.
- McGuire VA mental health summit
- McGuire VA Medical Center brought together community partners and organizations to improve collaboration in Veterans’ mental healthcare at their annual Mental Health Summit held Aug. 17.
- Second Fisher House to break ground Sept. 26
- A second Fisher House will be built on the grounds of McGuire VA Medical Center in Richmond, with the groundbreaking ceremony to be held Sept. 26, the 108th anniversary of Zachary Fisher's birth.