VA » Health Care » Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center - Richmond, VA » Features
Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center - Richmond, VA
- Nurse Coaches Olympians and makes TV appearance
- For 14 years, Central Virginia VA Health Care System spinal cord injury clinic (SCI) licensed practical nurse has been accompanying the hospital’s wheelchair athletes to the National Veterans...
- Clinicians help Richmond high school students
- Recently, Central Virginia VA Health Care System hosted thirty female students from Douglas Freeman High School as part of a school program to mentor young women and expose them to careers in healthcare.
- There's always a place for Telehealth
- No longer must Veterans travel long distances or schedule their lives around appointments. With a computer screen or a smartphone, they can consult with a clinician anytime and literally anywhere.
- First responders train to help Veterans
- For the second year, the Central Virginia VA Health Care System Police Service held a training program for local police and first responders to help combat Veteran suicide in the community.
- This Jam is Good for Everyone!
- Back in 2016, McGuire music therapist Hope Kumme asked then Director John Brandecker what was one of his big goals for the hospital. Kumme said Brandecker wanted more community involvement.
- Vet benefits from innovative VA diet routine
- Thanks to an innovative approach to pain management through diet, the eight-week Anti-Inflammatory Eating Program at McGuire VA Medical Center, has provided significant pain relief.
- McGuire welcomes new PRC program director
- Ann Gulyas is the new program director for the Polytrauma Rehabilitation Center at McGuire VA Medical Center. She brings over 25 years of experience managing rehabilitation services.
- Medical Companion Program at McGuire
- For Veterans without transportation from a family member or friend, the McGuire VA Medical Center’s Social Work Service steps in with a unique program to help those who are coming in for a procedure or need a caregiver.
- New Patriot Brew Café
- Dozens of McGuire VA Veterans and staff patiently waited outside the new Patriot Brew, Feb. 15, for the 9 a.m. grand opening. The smell of the Starbucks coffee was already wafting into the lobby.
- McGuire holds first Vow Renewal Ceremony
- Saint Valentine himself may have been smiling down upon those gathered in the McGuire VA Medical Center chapel to see four Veteran couples renew their wedding vows during a ceremony.