VA » Health Care » Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center - Richmond, VA » Features
Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center - Richmond, VA
- This Jam is Good for Everyone!
- Back in 2016, McGuire music therapist Hope Kumme asked then Director John Brandecker what was one of his big goals for the hospital. Kumme said Brandecker wanted more community involvement.
- Vet benefits from innovative VA diet routine
- Thanks to an innovative approach to pain management through diet, the eight-week Anti-Inflammatory Eating Program at McGuire VA Medical Center, has provided significant pain relief.
- McGuire welcomes new PRC program director
- Ann Gulyas is the new program director for the Polytrauma Rehabilitation Center at McGuire VA Medical Center. She brings over 25 years of experience managing rehabilitation services.
- Medical Companion Program at McGuire
- For Veterans without transportation from a family member or friend, the McGuire VA Medical Center’s Social Work Service steps in with a unique program to help those who are coming in for a procedure or need a caregiver.
- New Patriot Brew Café
- Dozens of McGuire VA Veterans and staff patiently waited outside the new Patriot Brew, Feb. 15, for the 9 a.m. grand opening. The smell of the Starbucks coffee was already wafting into the lobby.
- McGuire holds first Vow Renewal Ceremony
- Saint Valentine himself may have been smiling down upon those gathered in the McGuire VA Medical Center chapel to see four Veteran couples renew their wedding vows during a ceremony.
- National Nutrition Month March 2019
- March is National Nutrition Month and McGuire VA Medical Center would like to share some information about this event. Please see the article for some important information by one of McGuire's dietitians
- 2018 Annual Report
- Check out McGuire's 2018 Annual Report. This document contains many useful facts and figures about the hospital. Visit www.richmond.va.gov for more information and news about Veterans.
- Fisher House, Holiday Helper team up for kids
- Since 2012, Richmond Fisher House, a home away from home for families of inpatient Veterans at McGuire, has maintained a working relationship with Fort Lee’s Holiday Helper Association to provide gifts for children.
- VA, VCU collaborate to help Veterans
- For McGuire VA Medical Center, collaborating with community partners like VCU's School of Engineering is a way to improve healthcare opportunities and quality of life for the Veterans they serve.