VA » Health Care » Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center - Richmond, VA » Features
Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center - Richmond, VA
- McGuire holds annual Veterans art show
- Dozens gathered at the McGuire VA Medical Center, March 7, to see the artistic talents of Richmond-area Veterans during the annual National Veterans Creative Arts Festival local competition.
- Veteran employee named Go Red for Women Ambassador
- McGuire VA Medical Center employee Beverly Hatcher, a physical therapy assistant and Army Veteran, was chosen to serve as an ambassador for a local campaign to raise awareness of heart disease in women.
- Going Further with Food
- March is National Nutrition Month. VA is celebrating by finding ways for Veterans to “Go Further with Food.” This campaign is centered around maximizing nutritional value in food while eliminating waste.
- With new hearts, patients become family
- The McGuire VA Medical Center is the only VA hospital to conduct in-house heart transplant surgeries and one of four facilities to implant Ventricular Assist Devices (VAD).
- VA innovators gather at McGuire
- 60 VA innovation specialists from 33 VA Medical Centers around the country gathered at the McGuire VA Medical Center in January to share ideas about how to improve quality of life for Veterans.
- McGuire’s CPE Receives Accreditation
- As 2018 began, staff at the McGuire VA Medical Center in Richmond celebrated accreditation of the new Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) center. The center originally launched in 2015 as a satellite of VCU.
- Richmond Fisher House Celebrates First Baby
- Marine Cpl. Dustin Braun, 24, a field radio operator, is currently recovering in McGuire’s polytrauma center. His wife Samantha gave birth to their first son, Hunter Curtis Braun, on Nov. 29.
- McGuire Holds Annual Talent Show
- More than 200 guests gathered Dec. 19 for the fifth annual McGuire’s Got Talent show. Employees and Veterans at McGuire VA Medical Center performed 11 acts to showcase their diverse talents.
- Marine gifts artwork to caregivers
- Hanging on a wall at the foot of the bed lies a rendition of Santa Claus in colored pencils. The image depicts a jolly face with a red hat and gray beard nestled by holly on each side.
- McGuire Veterans Place in National Art Competition
- Two McGuire Veterans received awards at the 2017 Veterans Creative Arts Festival. Brian Kausek won third place in digital art for "Derby Quinn" and Charles Marshall won first place in knotting for "Windows to the Soul."