VA » Health Care » Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center - Richmond, VA » Features
Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center - Richmond, VA
- Northam emphasizes families on Memorial Day
- During his keynote address at McGuire’s Memorial Day program, Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam spoke about the importance of honoring our nation’s fallen heroes and their families.
- Vigil stands watch over McGuire
- Periodically, the medical center receives questions about the large sculpture outside the south mall entrance. The project was commissioned in 1981 by the VA through the President’s Committee on the Arts and Humanities.
- Time is brain, act F.A.S.T.
- According to statistics from the American Stroke Association, someone has a stroke every 40 seconds. This is approximately 795,000 people each year and is the fifth leading cause of death in the U.S.
- Sen. Warner visits McGuire, commends employees
- Sen. Mark Warner visited McGuire on April 13. He left with high praise of the facility and its staff after visiting the SCI unit, the Prosthetics Lab, and the PTRP building.
- Dialysis technicians showcase their skills
- Recently, medical instrument technicians (MITs) in McGuire’s dialysis unit had the opportunity to showcase their knowledge and bring their technical expertise to the forefront during Dialysis Technician Skills Day 2018.
- Bluegrass Jam benefits Fisher House
- More than 4,000 people went to the Cultural Arts Center at Glen Allen to attend the Eighth Annual Richmond Bluegrass Jam, which raised more than $50,000 for the Richmond Fisher House.
- Military Order of the Purple Heart Office
- The Military Order of the Purple Heart announced that they would close all offices of the MOPH Service Program as of June 30. No Veterans’ claims will be stopped or harmed in any way by this action.
- McGuire unveils new wheelchair training area
- McGuire unveiled a unique training area dedicated to helping Veterans with spinal cord injuriem, giving Veterans a dedicated location and therapeutic resources to allow them to be more independent in the community.
- McGuire holds annual Veterans art show
- Dozens gathered at the McGuire VA Medical Center, March 7, to see the artistic talents of Richmond-area Veterans during the annual National Veterans Creative Arts Festival local competition.
- Going Further with Food
- March is National Nutrition Month. VA is celebrating by finding ways for Veterans to “Go Further with Food.” This campaign is centered around maximizing nutritional value in food while eliminating waste.