VA » Health Care » Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center - Richmond, VA » Features
Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center - Richmond, VA
- 2018 Annual Report
- Check out McGuire's 2018 Annual Report. This document contains many useful facts and figures about the hospital. Visit www.richmond.va.gov for more information and news about Veterans.
- Fisher House, Holiday Helper team up for kids
- Since 2012, Richmond Fisher House, a home away from home for families of inpatient Veterans at McGuire, has maintained a working relationship with Fort Lee’s Holiday Helper Association to provide gifts for children.
- VA, VCU collaborate to help Veterans
- For McGuire VA Medical Center, collaborating with community partners like VCU's School of Engineering is a way to improve healthcare opportunities and quality of life for the Veterans they serve.
- New food service improves inpatient experience
- In October, Nutrition and Food Service at McGuire VA Medical Center began a new approach to feeding hundreds of inpatients breakfast, lunch and dinner. Staff and patients welcome the change.
- CLC Makes Veterans Feel at Home
- The CLC is a critical part of the McGuire VA Medical Center. Made up of three distinct living areas, or neighborhoods, the CLC fosters an enjoyable and caring environment for both short- and long-term residents.
- McGuire Hosts Legal Clinic for Veterans
- On Thursday, Oct. 4, McGuire VA Medical Center collaborated with the 80th Training Command of the Army Reserve and the Greater Richmond Bar Foundation to host its quarterly free legal clinic.
- Second Fisher House breaks ground
- Demand for lodging at Richmond Fisher House has increased so much that groundbreaking for a second facility occurred Sept. 26, the 108th birthday of the late Zachary Fisher.
- Barbershop relocates to new space
- The barbershop at the McGuire VA Medical Center serves as a place where Veterans can get a quality haircut without leaving hospital grounds. Recently, the barbershop moved to a new location near the CLC entrance.
- Emergency Nurses Week
- The week of Oct. 7-13 is Emergency Nurses Week, which honors the men and women who assist patients requiring immediate, precise medical care. McGuire aims to use that week to show gratitude for ED nurses.
- Parking Garage Now Open
- After more than a year of hard work, the parking garage officially opened Sept. 12 and is available for use. The garage and surrounding parking areas create 647 new parking spaces.