Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center - Richmond, VA
Volunteer or Donate
In order to maintain certain health and dietary control measures, McGuire’s VA Voluntary Service asks that prior to delivering/donating any homemade food items to Veterans, we ask that you contact a member of our Voluntary Service team at 804-675-5135.
Richmond VA Medical Center depends on the goodwill of our benefactors and volunteers who wish to give something back to America's Heroes. Volunteers provide many important functions throughout the medical center and help ensure our patients stay is an enjoyable experience.
If you are interested in providing your time and talents to our facility through volunteerism, please call the Voluntary Services office at 804-675-5135 to schedule your interview.
If your company has not experienced the rewards of a company-sponsored volunteer program, let the Department of Veterans Affairs help you get started today. Your employees have the skills and talents that VA needs to carry out its mission to “serve those who have served.” This can be your chance to give something back to the community while helping America’s Veterans.
VA Voluntary Service staff will make it easy. We will:
- tailor a program for your company;
- design volunteer opportunities for individuals and groups;
- utilize the employee’s existing skills in rewarding ways;
- help your employees learn new skills.
*Please note that requests for court issued community service are prohibited.
The Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center does not solicit for donations, nor do we allow the name of the VA to be used in solicitations through other organizations. However, for those organizations or individuals who inquire as to our needs, the following is a list you can use as a guide for our special needs, program support and/or equipment. None of these items are available through our normal budget. Please note ALL DONATIONS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE.
- White "T" Shirts (larger sizes)
- White Socks (for women and men, ankle or no show)
- Men's Boxers/Briefs (all sizes, most of our Veterans are large or bigger)
- Women's Panties (sizes 6, 7, 8)
- Women's Undershirts/Sports Bras (all sizes)
- New Sweat Pants & Shirts (all sizes, most of our Veterans are large or bigger)
- Thermal underwear (for men and women in all sizes)
Patient Comfort Items Individual size: (Please do not send glass).
- Denture Cleanser
- Denture Adhesive
- Deodorant (Men and Women)
- Body Wash (Neutral or masculine scents)
- Hand/Body Lotion
- GRTC bus passes
- Vaseline 3 oz.
- Laundry soap “pods”
Small size bottles are ideal, but not the travel/hotel sample size. Similarly, large, economy sizes are often too heavy or cumbersome for our patients to handle comfortably. Medium sized items and approximate 8-12 ounce bottles are best.
Checks should be made payable to: Department of Veterans Affairs. In the lower portion of the check, the Fund Number along with the Account Name should be noted.
Checks may be mailed to:
Voluntary Service (135)
Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center
1201 Broad Rock Blvd.
Richmond, VA 23249
We do not accept:
- Hotel or sample size products.
- Used products
- Opened products
- Expired products
- Homemade baked goods or snacks
- Hardback books
The Veterans at the Richmond VAMC Thank You for your service!