Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center - Richmond, VA
Schedule a VA Appointment
There are many ways for Veterans to make health care appointments.
- If you don’t have VA health care benefits, you can apply now. Apply for VA health care.
- If you’re having a medical emergency, please call 911 or call the Veterans Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255, then press 1.
Schedule an Appointment
Follow the instructions on this page on how to make an appointment by phone at this facility.
VA now offers online appointment scheduling for some appointments. We hope to expand the number of VA facilities and types of appointments in the future.
If you have VA health care benefits, you can schedule your VA primary care appointments online if you:
- Are scheduling your appointment with a VA medical facility that accepts online scheduling, and
- Have had a primary care appointment at that VA facility within the last 2 years, and
- Have a My HealtheVet Premium account or DS Logon Premium account (used for eBenefits and milConnect)
With your online account, you’ll also be able to:
- Track the status of requests
- Send messages about requested appointments
- Get notifications about appointments
- Cancel appointments
Upgrade your Existing Accounts
***ATTENTION: As CVHCS continues to increase the number of face-to-face visits at our facilities, we also look at ways to ensure the safety of patients and employees remains a top priority. To provide adequate social distancing within our clinics and waiting areas, we ask all patients arrive no earlier than 20 minutes before their appointment. Patients who arrive earlier than 20 minutes before their scheduled appointment may be asked to wait before entering the premises.
For appointments, dial 804-675-5000 and ask for your clinic's extension
At Richmond VAMC, there are a number of procedures to assist
you in getting an appointment.
Received a Letter?
If you have received a letter stating that you need to make an appointment,
please call the Medical Center utilizing the number in the letter or at 804-675-5542.
Want to know a list of your current Appointments?
For an automated listing of your current appointments, please call the Medical Center at 804 -675-5010 or (1 -800-784-8381)
Cancelling/Rescheduling Your Appointment?
If you need to cancel an existing appointment, please contact us as soon possible. This will allow us to reschedule you sooner, as well as schedule one of your fellow Veterans for the original appointment date and time. Call the clinic where your appointment is scheduled or 804-675-5542 or our automated system at 1-800-784-8381 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
For information about VA's MISSION Act Urgent Care, please click HERE.
If a Veteran arrives at an urgent care network location and has any difficulty receiving care, they can call 866 620 2071 to receive assistance.
If you have a Medical Emergency please call 911.
Hunter Holmes McGuire’s Emergency Department 804-675-5529
In need of an Appointment?
To make an appointment with a particular clinic or service, call the listed phone number provided below —
Clinic Contact Information Business Hours
|Richmond Primary Care||804-675-5542|
Warfarin Clinic - Anticoagulation Therapy
|Ear, Nose & Throat||804-675-5752|
Parkinson's Disease Clinic
|Geriatric Health Care Center||804-675-5553|
Extended Care and Rehabilitation
|Spinal Cord Injury||804-675-5128|
|Preventive Amputation Clinic||804-675-5752|
|Mental Health Clinics||804-675-5411 (all hours)|
|Computed Topography (CAT Scan) & GI||804-675-5237|
|MRI & Angiography (Interventional)||804-675-5230|
|Nuclear Medicine & Mammography||804-675-5510|
Information to Help You Decide about Where to Receive Your Care
VA has a regularly updated Access to Care website that provides useful information that can help you to decide the best VA location for you to receive your care. Before making an appointment, you can find out the following information for a VA location:
- Wait times for primary care, mental health, and some of the commonest specialties
- If same day services are available in primary care and mental health
- If Telehealth is available in primary care and mental health
- If it has an emergency room
- Facility contact information
- Veteran satisfaction scores
- Quality information comparing each VA and local area non-VA healthcare facilities
VA is committed to give Veterans the access to care they need, when they need it. When you’re planning your care at VA, you can rely on us to give you the information you need to make informed health care decisions.