Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center - Richmond, VA
Veterans often have questions about whether or not they can get dental care at the VA. Federal law limits the dental benefits provided by the VA. Below is a common question about who may qualify for outpatient VA dental care.
Who is Eligible for Routine Outpatient Dental Care?
- Veterans who receive money for a service-connected dental disability, those who are 100% service-connected for any condition(s) or those receiving compensation equivalents to being 100% service connected.
- Veterans who were prisoners of war.
- Veterans recently discharged from active duty who did not have their dental treatment completed before discharge. They can receive one-time treatment if their DD214 shows dental treatment was not completed. An application must be made within 180 days of separation from active duty.
Services Provided for Eligible Patients
- Restorative Dentistry: including fillings, crowns and bridgework
- Prosthodontic Services: including partial and full dentures
- Dental Hygiene Program
- Endodontics (root canal)
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
For information regarding how to make an appointment for surgery consultation or procedure, please call: (804) 675-5251.
Dental Clinic: Mon. - Fri. 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic: Mon. - Wed. 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Clinic Location: Main Hospital, First floor
Outpatient Dental Clinic
Main Hospital, First floor, Room 1K
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm