Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center - Richmond, VA
Parkinsons Disease Research Education and Clinical Center PADRECC
A specialty care clinic for movement disorders such as Parkinson’s disease (PD), essential tremor (ET), dystonia and atypical parkinsonian disorders
About the Program
The Southeast Parkinson's Disease Research, Education, and Clinical Center (PADRECC) at Richmond VAMC serves the southeastern region of the United States as a referral center providing comprehensive care to patients with Parkinson's disease and other movement disorders. There are 5 other PADRECCs located at other VAMCs around the country (Philadelphia, Houston, West Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Portland) and many satellite Consortium Centers at other VAMCs.
Clinical & Research Services Offered
Services offered by the Center include:
• New consults, follow up, & telehealth (TH) visits
• Medications, medical management, nursing care, evaluation for surgery
• Multidisciplinary Approach
• Neuropsychological assessment of cognitive & emotional status
• Rehabilitation evaluation/referrals to therapies - Physical (PT), Occupational (OT), Kinesio (KT), & Speech
• Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) surgery, programming, follow up, and support
• Educational materials/events, exercise resources, and support groups
• Social work evaluation, caregiver support & resources
• Palliative care & hospice referrals
• Clinical trials/research studies
PADRECC Clinic Appointments
• You must be a Veteran who is enrolled in the VA Health Care System.
• Once enrolled, ask your primary care doctor for a referral/consult to the PADRECC Clinic.
• Not yet enrolled in VA Health Care? All Veterans are encouraged to apply for VA health care and determine if they meet eligibility requirements (based on service connection disability and income).
1. Go to www.va.gov and apply for VA health care, or
2. Call Veterans Health Benefits Service Center 1-877-222-VETS (8387), or
3. Call (804) 675-6660 Eligibility/Health Benefits Enrollment Office at McGuire VAMC.
Disease Education & Support Groups:
Richmond PADRECC sponsors a PD support group at McGuire VAMC, most months, usually the fourth Thursday, from 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
For more information, call the Richmond VAMC at 804-675-5931.
Learn more about the VA's network of care for Veterans with Parkinson's disease and other movement disorders.
PADRECC - Parkinson Center
Second floor, Room 2C-110
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm