Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center - Richmond, VA
About the Program
The Richmond VAMC pharmacy processes over 3,500 prescriptions daily. Many of these prescriptions are filled by the Charleston Central Mailout Pharmacy (CMOP). Prescriptions may be refilled by phone or the Internet.
Automated Refill Line
An automated refill line is available for all Richmond VAMC patients. Please call one of the following numbers ‚ÄĒ
- 1-804-675-5010¬†(Richmond area)
- After you have dialed the number, wait for the automated attendant to answer.
- Enter your entire social security number, then press the # key. Wait for an answer.
- For Rx, Press 2, then wait for an answer.
- To refill a Rx, Press 1, then wait for an answer.
- Enter¬†your 7¬†digit¬†prescription number, then press the # key. Wait for an answer.
- To refill additional prescriptions, press 1 and repeat the process.
If you are using the automated refill line, all refills should be ordered at least ten days prior to when the refill is due to insure prompt processing and delivery time.
Prescriptions may also be filled online using VA's My HealtheVet¬†program. You will need a user id and password to log in. If you do not have one, you can easily get one by creating your personal profile.
Refills at Richmond VAMC¬†Pharmacy
All veterans are encouraged to refill their prescriptions by phone or Internet. Because of our patient workload, prescription refills or renewals must be mailed from the Charleston CMOP, and¬†cannot be refilled at the Richmond VAMC¬†outpatient pharmacy.
Please visit My HealtheVet¬†for information about any prescription you may be taking.
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Inpatient Pharmacy (inpatient hospitalized veterans only)Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Pharmacy Administration Office
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
All of the above services, except for the inpatient pharmacy, are closed on all federal holidays.
- Outpatient Pharmacy
Hours of Operation